December 2009 ISSS Newsletter
- If you are planning a trip outside the U.S. over the winter
break, be sure all of your immigration documents are in order before you
- Travel outside the U.S. requires a travel signature from ISSS on
your I-20 or DS-2019. Plan ahead: bring your I-20 or DS-2019 to our
office several days before you leave.
- Travel inside the U.S. does not require a travel signature from
our office on your I-20 or DS-2019. However, you should carry those
documents with you when you leave Manhattan. Have your passport and
I-20/DS-2019 with you wherever you go.
- Also, if traveling outside the U.S. be sure your U.S. visa will
be valid on the date of your return. If it will not be valid, you must
make an appointment at the U.S. Embassy or Consulate in your country and
get another visa so you can reenter the U.S. to resume your program.
You can get information on the wait times for appointments at the
Consulate at http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tempvisitors_wait.php
- For more information on travel go to http://www.k-state.edu/isss/current/travel.html.
This web address provides translation of this information in Arabic,
Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Spanish.
- For those of you who had to go through the Special Registration
process at the port of entry, be sure that you exit through one of the
prescribed airports. It is VERY IMPORTANT that you check out upon
exiting the U.S. For more information on Special Registration, go to http://www.ice.gov/pi/specialregistration
- Safe Travels!