DS-2019 for Dependents

J-2 dependents are defined as a spouse or an unmarried minor child (under 21 years of age) of a J-1 student or scholar. To invite your spouse or children to join you here in the U.S. you must complete and submit the Request for a DS-2019 for J-2 dependents along with evidence of financial support (bank statement, sponsor letter, etc.) for yourself and your dependent(s). Go to the Yearly Budgets for the amount of money that will be needed. ISSS will prepare new DS-2019s for you and your dependents. Once your dependent(s) arrive in the U.S., please bring their travel documents to the ISC so that we can make copies for our files.