Add Approved Courses to an Instructor
- From the iSIS Home Page, click Main Menu, click Curriculum Management, click Instructor/Advisor Information, and then click Instructor/Advisor Table.
- Search for the instructor to change.
- In the Instructor Details box, click the + button.
- Set the Effective Date to the appropriate date.
NOTE: An incorrect date could mean that the change will not be effective when it is needed. Therefore, the Effective Date must abide by the following convention.
(Optional) Set Instructor Type and/or Instructor Available values, if needed.
- If the change is to take effect for a spring term, the value should be Jan 1 for the given year (01/01/??).
- If the change is to take effect for a summer term, the value should be May 1 for the given year (05/01/??).
- If the change is to take effect for a fall term, the value should be Aug 1 for the given year (08/01/??).
- If the desired effective date is already present, then date the new row one day later, such as (01/02/??).
Click the Approved Courses tab and enter the Academic Org value for the department (of subject area).
- Instructor Type: select appropriate value
- Note: If "Advisor Only" is selected then person is not available as instructor.
- Use "Undefined" if one of the other values is not appropriate.
- Instructor Available: select "Available".
- Note: If "Unavailable" or "Sabbatical" is selected then the person is not available as instructor.
Click Save.To remove an instructor from a department's list of values, set Instructor Available to "Unavailable".
- Note: If you need to add more Academic Org values then click the + button in the Course Description box to add additional rows.