FAQs - K-State 8 for Students
- Where can I find information about the K-State 8 General Education requirements?
Background information on the development of the K-State 8 requirements and detailed
information about the requirements themselves can be found at the K-State 8 website.
- How can I determine if I should follow the K-State 8 or remain with the UGE general
Advisors and students can run DARS reports under both the K-State 8 and UGE requirements
and use these to compare the remaining requirements left unmet.
- How do I inform K-State about my decision to pursue the K-State 8 instead of UGE general
Students and their advisors should determine which set of general education requirements
will work best for each student. If it is deemed beneficial for the student change
to the K-State 8 requirements, then the advisor should remove the UGE service inidicator
- If I am a readmitted student, do I pursue UGE or the K-State 8?
Students who are readmitted in Summer 2011 and later will be designated as meeting
the K-State 8 by the Office of Admissions. Deans' offices can make an exception for
the readmitted student who has completed UGE or who would prefer to complete UGE requirements.
- Where can I get a list of classes that meet K-State 8 requirements?
There is no published list of classes that fulfill each of the K-State 8 content areas.
However, the Class Search in iSIS allows you to search for classes based on the K-State
8 content areas. Also, the online course schedule will identify which K-State 8 category each course satisfies.
- If a class is tagged for two K-State 8 topics, which topic will it satisfy?
If a course is identified with two K-State 8 topics, the class will satisfy BOTH topics.
- How can I tell if I am under the UGE or the K-State 8 general education requirements?
All students still following the UGE requirements will have a "notice" in their Student
Center labeled University General Education. This notice will also appear in the Student
Services Center main tab and in the Student Details within the Advisor Center. Additionally,
when in the DARS Request page, there is an indication to the left of the Submit Report button indicating either UGE of KSTATE8.