Player Fee: ISA Members $3
Please email your team name and players names to i Or Click Sign-up at the bottom of the page.
Deadline for submitting your team will be May 23rd, 2009 (11 : 59 pm) .
Captains meet will be held at the Union Foodcourt on May 26th, 2009 at 6:30pm
© 2009 - Indian Students Association. All rights reserved.
(P.S. Match fee needs to be submitted at the Captain’s meet)
NEW RULES FOR THIS YEAR:
- All players MUST wear colored T-shirts provided by the ISA and Cricket Association of K-State (One T-shirt will be provided to each player at no extra cost) during play. Each team will be assigned a color. The color of the T-shirt worn by a player must be consistent with other members in his/her team.
- When a girl is bowling to a guy, no run/s can be scored behind the wicket. This rule does not apply when a girl is batting.
- When a girl is batting, the inner circle on the field becomes the boundary and if it crosses the inner circle without the ball pitching inside the circle then it is declared as SIX runs but if it pitches inside the field and then crosses the boundary then it is declared 4 runs.
- The dimensions of the inner circle will be decided by the umpires and committee members.
- Unless it’s the turn of the batsman to come into the field, no player/s from the batting team should enter the field while play is in progress (Incase refreshments need to be carried to the batsmen, only 1 player from the batting team is allowed to enter the field that too upon the umpire’s consent).
- At no point can a player represent more than one team during the tournament.
Rules carried forward form previous year:
- Reporting time is 15 minutes before Match starts.
- Each innings will be for 6 over.
- Each player in the team has to bowl 1 over.
- One batsman can play a maximum of 12 legitimate balls (Noballs, Wides and Dead balls are NOT legitimate balls) . After that, he/she has to retire even if not-out. If a team is on the verge of getting all-out only then that batsman can come back to rescue his/her team.
- Each player of a team should be on the ground on time. Even if a single player does not turn up for a particular team then that team will be disqualified. Players need to report latest by match starting time.
- No LBW’s, Byes and Leg Byes and Overthrows. Any delivery down the leg-side will be a wide. All other rules are consistent with the normal cricket matches.
- Girls in the team can bowl in the manner they want to (over-arm, throw but NO under-arm).
- If a girl is batting, she can ask for throw bowling and even under-arm bowling for her.
- The bowler has to bowl slowly (Decision of slowness is at the discretion of Umpire).
- If a girl is bowling then she is allowed three wides without an extra run penalty. From the fourth wide onwards the bowling team will be penalized one run for each wide ball bowled.
- Dead ball is if the ball pitches on the second bounce in front of the batting crease and not otherwise. If ball is dead it will not be considered as wide or anything else.
- Umpire’s decision will be final and binding to all.
- A case of a dispute in the match will lead to disqualification of the particular team from the entire tournament as per the decision of Tournament Committee.
- If any decision has to be taken related to a particular team which has a Tournament Committee member as its player, then that member will not have any say in the decisions for that particular match.
- Winning team will get 4 points and losing team gets zero. Points from one stage shall NOT be carried forward in the next stage.
- In case of a Tie result, the team with a better run rate will be declared as winners in the league stages. In the knockout stages in case of a tie there will be two extra overs bowled for each side which will be used to decide the overcome of the match.
- If a match is cancelled due to bad weather even without a single ball being bowled, a re-match shall be conducted. Date and time of the re-match as per the decision of Tournament Committee.
- If the match is interrupted and needs to be halted due to bad weather, it will be continued from where it stopped for next possible time as per the decision of Tournament Committee.
Refreshments will be served for everyone– Sports drink and Water.
Copyright© ISA 2009
Design by Mani, Singi