Know what classes you'll take before you arrive
Send your TOEFL or IELTs scores to Kansas State University and:
- Know your study plan for the first year BEFORE you arrive.
- Get admission to an undergraduate degree program only with your school transcripts.
- No passing English test? No problem.
- No English test? No problem. You can test once you arrive to K-State.
In order to qualify for K-State Fast, you must be admitted to K-State. Follow the directions on the admission process. Contact us if you have questions about the K-State Fast program.
Test Scores for K-State Fast
- If your TOEFL scores are below 79 or your IELTS is below 6.5, you can be admitted to an undergraduate degree program and learn English before starting your academic classes.
- Yes, you can get admission to your undergraduate degree program without proof of language proficiency!
|iBT Total Scores||iBT Part Scores||IELTS Part Scores||Semester 1||Semester 2|
|48 - 52||11 - 13||5.0||Foundation: Full-time English classes||Pathways: Part-time University classes|
|Semester 1||Semester 2|
|56 - 78||14 - 19||5.5 - 6.0||Pathways: Full-time English classes||Full-time University classes|
|If you have 1 passing part score (20 or 6.5)||Pathways: Part-time University classes||Full-time University classes|
- This is a general overview only. Official placement will be done by the English Language Program.
- Placement is done by the lowest part score. If the lowest part score is for speaking, then the student may take a speaking assessment upon arrival and possibly place into the higher level.
Use your English classes for University credit in your undergraduate degree program
- Save time and money by using your English classes toward your undergraduate degree.
- For most degrees, you can earn academic credits for your degree in our English Language Program classes.
- Your academic department will decide how many of your English class credits to use toward your degree.