Have you already started your college career at a different university, but want to take advantage of the incredible opportunities at Kansas State University? Transferring will allow you to receive credit for some or even all of the coursework you've already completed!
If you have completed coursework in the United States, you may be able to determine which of your courses will transfer using the course search.
Ready to get started?
Find your major: we have over 250 undergraduate programs!
Complete our online application.
- Students with 24 or more completed credit hours must have a minimum cumulative GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale on all transfer coursework.
- If you do not have a minimum of 24 completed credit hours, you will be required to submit high school transcripts with a GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- If you do not have a high school diploma, you must submit transcripts for either a high school completion program from a U.S. community college OR at least 24 credit hours of academic course work from an accredited institution. ESL courses can NOT be included, unless they are upper-level, credit-bearing, and are counted as part of the GPA.
Majors with different requirements
|Academic program||Type of student||Requirements|
|College of Architecture, Planning and Design||Freshmen or transfer||Admission is selective based on academic performance and space availability. Fall entry only. Submit online application, application fee, all transcripts, affidavit of support, and ACT or SAT scores postmarked by February 1.|
|Interior design, College of Human Ecology||Freshmen or transfer||Admission is selective based on academic performance and space availability. Fall entry only. Submit online application, application fee, all transcripts, affidavit of support, and ACT or SAT scores postmarked by February 1 for priority consideration. Applications postmarked after Feb. 1 may be given waitlist consideration.|
|Wildlife and outdoor management, College of Agriculture||Freshmen or transfer||Admission is selective based on academic performance, space availability and criteria reflected in the supplemental application. Fall entry term only. Submit applications, application fee, transcripts and ACT or SAT scores postmarked by Feb. 1 for priority consideration. For details, go here.|
|Athletic training||Transfer with 24 or more hours||Transfer students must have a cumulative college/university GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale on 24 or more hours. Students with a 2.0 to 2.74 GPA are eligible for admission into human ecology undeclared, or HEUN.|
|College of Business Administration||Transfer||Transfer students must have a cumulative college/university GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale or higher.|
|College of Engineering||Transfer||Transfer students must have a cumulative college/university GPA (Grade Point Average) of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale. Students with a 2.5 to 2.74 GPA are eligible for admission into engineering undeclared, or ENUN.|
|Pre-health professions||Transfer||Transfer students must have a cumulative college/university GPA (Grade Point Average) of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or higher to access pre-health professions advising.|
Once we have received your application and all required materials, your transcripts will be evaluated by the Office of International Admissions for general credits.
K-State's academic departments will determine if and how these courses will be applied to your degree program. Once you arrive on campus:
- Complete the transcript validation process. This process determines which of your courses have K-State equivalencies and which credits meet the specific requirements for your major.
- Submit course descriptions or syllabi to your academic advisor. This will help them to determine if the course is equivalent to a K-State course and if it can be counted towards your major.
- Receive a final total of credits that transfer from your department. You will be able to discuss this matter further with your academic advisor.
Please note: Your transcript cannot be evaluated for general university transfer credits until after you have applied and submitted all required application materials.