1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »International Admissions & Recruiting
  4. »Applying to K-State
  5. »Common Questions

International Admissions and Recruiting

Common Questions: Undergraduate Application

What do I need to submit in order to apply to an undergraduate program?
  1. K-State online International student application.
  2. Affidavit of Financial Support (.pdf) form and bank statement
  3. $80 application fee
  4. High school and university transcripts
    (Any transcripts from U.S. universities must be sent directly from the Registrar's office at that university to the Office of Admissions at K-State.)
  5. A copy of your passport (the page including your photo and personal information)

Documents can be emailed as .pdf files to intladmit@ksu.edu. You may also mail copies to us at:

Office of International Admissions
Kansas State University
203A Fairchild Hall
1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

What are the deadlines to apply?

Fall Semester (August): deadline is May 1

The following programs have February 1st deadline and accept students for entry in fall only:

  • Architecture
  • Interior Architecture and Product Design
  • Landscape Architecture
  • Regional and Community Planning
  • Interior Design
  • Wildlife and Outdoor Enterprise Management

Spring Semester (January): deadline is October 1
Summer Semester (June): deadline is March 1

*Deadlines may vary if students are already studying in the US and do not plan to return to their country between academic terms.


Fall Semester (August): deadline is January 8
Spring Semester (January): deadline is August 1

How can I pay the application fee? Will my application be processed before I pay the application fee?

No. University policy states that the fee must be paid before the application can be processed.

The application fee can be paid by credit card, money order, or bank draft.

We recommend that you pay online using a credit card when you submit your online application form. If you have problems paying the application fee when you submit your application, you can log back into your account using the eID and password that you created when you started the application. You can try paying the fee again when you have logged back in.

If your credit card is not accepted or if you do not have access to a credit card, a money order is the best option for payment. Moneygram and Western Union are two companies which issue money orders.

Money orders must be made out to Kansas State University. You can send your application fee to:

Kansas State University
Office of International Admissions
203A Fairchild Hall
1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

To pay by credit card over the phone, you may call +1-785-532-6250.

What fax number can I send documents to?

You can fax materials to the Office of International Admissions at +1-785-532-6550.

What street address can I send documents to?

We recommend that you send documents as .pdf files by email to intladmit@ksu.edu. But paper copies can be sent to the Office of International Admissions at:
Office of International Admissions
Kansas State University
203A Fairchild Hall
1601 Vattier Street
Manhattan, KS 66506 USA

If I have a scholarship from my government, do you still need a bank statement?

No. If you have a scholarship from your government, we do not require bank statements or affidavits. Instead, you must submit a current copy of the scholarship letter from your government stating that you have been awarded a full scholarship. The letter must be dated within one year of the date that you wish to begin studying at K-State.

I'm having trouble submitting the application online. What can I do?

Please let us know if you have difficulty submitting the online application. Submitting the application online is the only option for applying, so you need to notify us right away if you have any problems, so we can quickly resolve them. Contact our office at intladmit@ksu.edu or +1-785-532-7277.

When will I know if I have been admitted?

It takes around two weeks to process an application after ALL application materials are received. The admissions officers will notify you about an admissions decision after they have finished reviewing your application.

I'm not able to attend K-State this semester. Can I defer my application?

Yes, you may defer your application (whether you have been admitted or not) to a future semester. Simply submit a new application for the semester you wish to attend. Our office will contact you if any additional documents are required.

Please Note: International students may submit a total of four (4) applications. Our office will not be able to process any applications after the fourth, so plan carefully.