1. K-State home
  2. »OIP
  3. »International Admissions & Recruiting
  4. »Applying to K-State
  5. »Language Requirements
  6. »Students in the USA

International Admissions and Recruiting

Students Attending High School or College in USA

Are exceptions made for students who are graduating from US high schools or transferring from other US institutions?

Transfer students from a US institution who have completed at least 24 credit hours:

  • Completion of English Composition I and II (or equivalent) with grades of C or higher

Students who have attended a US high school:

  • Completion of four years of college preparatory English courses with grades of C or higher

US High school or transfer students who do not meet these requirements must either sit for the English Placement Test (EPT) upon arrival to campus or submit the appropriate validated test scores.

Please Note: Completion of an English language program at another US university or college will not be accepted as proof of English proficiency.