Terms and Conditions of Personal Computer Repair at Kansas State University
Computer repair services for privately owned computers and peripherals are provided to students, faculty,
staff, and guests of Kansas State University as a joint effort by the Information Technology Assistance Center
and the K-State Student Union Computer Store. University
guests are persons who enter campus for an educational, research, or public service activity, and not primarily
to purchase services under this program, in accordance with Kansas Board of Regents Policy.
K-State's Client Services (formerly Technology Service Center) is authorized to perform warranty hardware repairs for Dell and Apple.
You may call 785-532-6314 or e-mail email@example.com to check the status of your machine. Please wait
at least 5 business days before checking.
- You will be billed for estimates, parts, and labor for which we are not reimbursed under a
manufacturer's warranty. The standard labor rate is $60 per hour. A minimum half-hour charge is
assessed on all non-reimbursed repairs and estimates, which is $30 plus sales tax.
- Non-reimbursed labor includes:
- Work on machines out of warranty or not covered by a manufacturer's on-site warranty.
- Data recovery.
- Operating system and/or software installation.
- Upgrades and cosmetic repairs not covered by warranty.
- You are responsible for letting us know if there is data on your computer that you need recovered
before we begin repairs. In no case will the University or any of the providing units be legally or
financially responsible for any lost data, programs, operating systems, etc.
- If it is necessary to reinstall your operating system, you will be responsible for providing the
original disks and a Certificate of Authenticity prior to the reinstall. We cannot and will not install
invalid, illegal or unlicensed operating systems or software.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you authorize us to begin diagnosis and repair of your
equipment, which may include some system reconfiguration. This will incur the minimum charge
($30 plus sales tax). You will be contacted prior to any work being done in excess of the minimum
- After you have authorized repair, you will be responsible for any charges incurred even if you
decide later to cancel the repair.
- Before bringing your machine, you are responsible for making copies of your important data.
Data may be lost in transit or during repairs. Be aware that not all diagnostic procedures,
reconfigurations, or repairs are reversible if you decide to cancel the repair. We may not be able to
return the machine to you in exactly the same state as when you brought it in.
- Any equipment not picked up and paid for by the end of the semester (fall, spring, summer) following the
semester during which repairs are completed will be considered abandoned and will become the property of the University.