- World Regional Geography (GEOG 100)
- Introduction to Cultural Anthropology (ANTH 200 or 204)
- One International Relations Course (marked with an § on the Approved Course List).
- Four Electives from at least three different disciplines or majors.
- Senior Research in International Studies (DAS 525): an independent studies research project culminating in a thesis on a topic approved by the general director of the program. The project may be directed by an instructor in the subject field or the general director. Guidelines for DAS 525
- Foreign Language Requirement: four college semesters or the equivalent. It may be possible in some cases to validate the foreign language requirement for a language not taught at K-State.