Legal Issues for Supervisors of University Support Staff (WTD031)
Attendance is limited to those currently in supervisory, lead worker, or management positions at K-State.
This 1.5 hour presentation is intended to provide an introduction to some of the common legal issues faced by supervisors of university support staff at Kansas State University. The Office of General Counsel staff will share tips on avoiding legal pitfalls in the supervisory role.
Topics to be addressed include:
- The Role of the Office of University Attorney
- Liability/Kansas Tort Claims Act
- Evaluation/Discipline of university support staff
- Sexual Harassment and Racial/Ethnic Harassment
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)/Reasonable Accommodations
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA)
- State Governmental Ethics Act
This is an event through the partnership of the Office of General Counsel and Human Resources.