Certified Public Manager program
The Certified Public Manager Program (CPM) provides managers at all levels of government a foundation of knowledge and skills in management practice.
- Provide public sector employees an opportunity to grow professionally and personally.
- Foster effective management practices in government agencies.
The design of the CPM Program complies with guidelines and standards established by the National Certified Public Manager Consortium and its curriculum requirements. Graduates of the program are eligible for membership in the American Academy of Certified Public Managers.
Candidates attend classes in 24-hour blocks once per month (Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday) for 12 months, a total of 288 contact hours. The topics covered include the following:
- Management Basics
- Management Practices I, II, III
- Innovation and Process Improvement
- State and Local Governments
- Legislative Process
- Ethical Behavior for Managers
- Strategic Planning
- Business Writing
- Law for Public Managers
- Conflict Resolution and Mediation
- History and Culture of Kansas
- Oral Communication I & II
- Organizational Behavior
- Political Characteristics of Kansas
- Diversity of Faiths in Kansas
- Professional Conference