View and Apply for Current University Support Staff Openings through the State of Kansas Employment Center
Kansas State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans. Kansas State University encourages diversity among its employees.
All vacancies close on Thursday of each week at 5:00 pm unless otherwise stated.
Notice: Each applicant applying for a job vacancy must obtain a State Tax Clearance Certificate. A Tax Clearance is a comprehensive tax account review to determine and ensure that an individual's account is compliant with all primary Kansas Tax Laws. Applicants are responsible for directly accessing the KDOR tax clearance website to obtain their Tax Clearance Certificate and including it with all other required application materials.
See University Support Staff Pay Scale and Classifications (pdf) ranges of pay for each job.
Use the 4 Step Process to apply for university support staff vacancies:
1. Complete registration online
Have you registered your personal data on-line? If not follow these simple steps to complete the process:
- Go to the State of Kansas Employment Center page
- Click on Register Personal Data
- Click on the Personal Data Form
- Complete the Personal Registration Information
Personal information must be registered by the applicant on or before the closing date. It is the responsibility of the applicant to update any changes in personal data such as name, address or telephone number. Computers are available at K-State Human Resources, 103 Edwards Hall, Manhattan, KS for your convenience. Please contact Employment Services at 785-532-6277 if you have any questions or need further assistance.
2. Find out about University Support Staff Vacancies
- Dial the KSU Job Line at (785) 532-6271. Information is accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Read the employment vacancies posted on bulletin boards throughout campus, Workforce Centers, and community based organizations.
- View Position Descriptions for all current University Support Staff open positions
- View Current University Support Staff Openings through the State of Kansas State Employment Center
- Register online to receive weekly emails regarding new job announcements.
- Review the Sunday classified advertisements for employment in local newspapers.
- Listen for announcements on local radio stations in the Manhattan area
- Contact Employment Services at:KSU
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
Phone: (785) 532-6277
Fax: (785) 532-6095
3. Complete application online
Identify KSU vacancy for which you wish to apply and complete the State of Kansas Employment Application (select Kansas State University as the agency)
Note: If you are applying for more than one position, you will need to submit an Online Employment Application for each position (e.g., two vacancies=two Online Employment Applications, two resumes, etc.)
4. E-mail appropriate attachments
E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org as an attachment, any requested materials (letter of interest, resume and transcripts) no later than 5:00 pm on the closing date.
All applications will be reviewed by Employment Services to verify that the minimum requirements have been identified. If you meet minimum requirements for a position, your name along with the documents you submitted will be forwarded to the hiring department within 2-3 business days after the position closes.
The Human Resources, Employment Services will send letters notifying applicants if they have not been referred to the hiring department. The hiring department reviews the applications and supporting documents and selects the top candidates to interview. Once the hiring decision is made, we ask the departments to notify all candidates that the position has been filled.
A Criminal Background check will be required for the candidate selected for hire.