Direct Deposit Form Instructions
Mail completed form with attachments to the Division of Human
Resources, 103 Edwards Hall, Manhattan, KS 66506-4801.
Complete the following fields:
- Department Name -
Print your department name
blank if unknown.)
- Employee ID - Print your 11-digit
number. (Generally begins with a "W")
- Last four numbers of SSN - Print the last four numbers of your
- Name - Clearly print your name as it
social security card.
Complete the following fields:
- Select One -
Mark the box next to the requested action: Mark "New
Enrollment" if you are completing the direct deposit form for the
first time. Mark "Account Change" if you are changing
changing accounts, adding accounts or changing deposit
- Effective Date -
For new enrollments the effective date will be your first day of
employment. For account changes and additions the effective date will be
the first day of the pay period you want the change to begin.
- Select One or Both: Mark the box or boxes next
to the requested
action: Payroll Direct Deposit and/or Travel and Expense Direct
- Clearly print the Name, Branch (or location), and City,
Zip code address information for the institution
where you would like your funds direct deposited.
- List each financial institution, not just the one(s) you
are adding or changing.
Account Distribution Data
- Priority - Enter the priority for the account.
Distributions are made to accounts in order of Priority. The
lower the priority number, the higher the priority. This is a
required field when multiple accounts are chosen. Any flat dollar
amounts to be distributed to an account should have the lowest
priority number. This will ensure that the flat dollar amounts
are deposited first. Percentages of all accounts must
- Transit # - The nine digit ID number of the financial institution. Normally
found at the bottom left of the check.
- Account # - Enter the checking or
savings account number to where you would like your funds to be
- %Net Pay/$Amount - Enter either a dollar amount
or a percent of net pay to be distributed to the account. Any
flat dollar amounts to be distributed to an account should have
the lowest priority number. This will ensure that the flat dollar
amounts are deposited first.
Mark the Appropriate Boxes:
- Mark the box for the type of bank account, checking or
- Mark the box next to the International ACH Bank if the entire
amount of your direct deposit to this account may result in the transfer
of funds to a financial agency outside of the U.S.
- Mark the box next to Use this account for my travel and expense
reimbursements if you want your travel and expense reimbursements
deposited to this account. If more than one account is listed you may
only select one account for your travel and
expense direct deposit. If
you are a new enrollment and you do not select an account for your travel
and expense reimbursement account, then your travel and reimbursement
expenses will be deposited into your priority #1 account.
Note: If multiple accounts are being used,
you must complete the financial institution and account
for each account you indicate. Use additional pages as
needed. Sign and date
Copies of checks, voided checks or deposit slips for accounts
must be attached to the Direct
Deposit form (pdf)
for all new enrollments, changes to financial instituitions, or
additions of new accounts. Changes to amount or percentage only
do not require attachments. Missing attachments
- Common problems with attachments
- Deposit slip does not contain routing number-Use voided
or copied checks when possible.
- Savings account does not have checks or preprinted deposit
slips-Ask institution for routing/account statement.
- Attachment account number information does not match
the account information on the Direct Deposit form-Use
only deposit slips or checks for the account requested.
Do not use a check copy to attach for a savings account
at the same institution.