*site map hrHomeSearch

Division of Human Resources-Newsletter

Topics included in the November 30, 2007 issue:

* Inclement Weather Policy
* 2008 Tax Treaty Benefit Renewal for Nonresident Aliens
* Leave Payouts and Funding
* HRIS Time and Leave Archiving

Inclement Weather Policy
Be prepared for inclement weather by referring to the K-State Policies and Procedures Manual, Inclement Weather General Policy and Procedure at http://www.ksu.edu/policies/ppm/3035.html.

2008 Tax Treaty Benefit Renewal for Nonresident Aliens
Just a reminder that information was sent to Personnel Specialists on November 14, 2007 regarding 2008 tax treaty benefit renewal for nonresident employees.  New 8233’s and Appendix A or B are required to be completed annually for those eligible for treaty benefits.  The new forms should be returned to our office no later than December 5, 2007 in order to have treaty benefits applied for the paycheck issued January 11, 2008.  Please refer to the November 14, 2007 memorandum for further details at http://www.k-state.edu/hr/news/hrmem.htm.

Leave Payouts and Funding
When an employee retires, the funding for their vacation and sick leave payout comes from the State of Kansas leave reserves, regardless of how the position is funded at the time of retirement.

An employee who separates or terminates from KSU, and is not retirement eligible, receives no sick leave payout.  Vacation leave payout up to 240 hours, is paid with KSU funds based on how the position is funded at the time of separation or termination.  This payout cannot come from grant funds.

Sick and vacation leave payouts cannot be paid from grant funds. Due to effort reporting issues, extended sick leave should not be paid from grant funding, since the employee is not expending effort on the grant.

For questions, please contact Julie Henton at (785) 532-1883 or via email: jkhenton@ksu.edu.

HRIS Time and Leave Archiving
Calendar year 2003 time and leave records and leave accrual data have been archived to CD and removed from HRIS.  We have moved calendar year 2005 time and leave records and leave accrual data to the history pages in HRIS.  To access time & leave records for calendar year 2004 or 2005, go to Time & Leave>Review>Employee Work History.   To access leave accrual history, go to Time & Leave>Leave Accruals –Work History.

“A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.” Oliver Wendell Holmes

Kansas State University
Division of Human Resources
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
Phone (785) 532-6277 Fax (785) 532-6095
Visit us on the web at http://www.ksu.edu/hr/

Division of Human Resources   hr@ksu.edu   103 Edwards Hall  Manhattan, KS 66506-4801  (785) 532-6277
start of standard bottom bar
Home        Search        Directories        Calendar        Comments
Kansas State University
November 30, 2007