Skip to the content

Kansas State University

Division of Human Resources
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
785-532-6095 (fax)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
Contact HR

Human Resources Newsletter

January 11, 2008

Topics included in this issue:

Requirements for Issuing Social Security Numbers for Foreign Students

Important: Foreign students need to report first to the International Student Center before going to the Social Security Administration (SSA) to apply for a social security card. In addition to completing an application for a Social Security Card (SS-5), establishing evidence of age, providing proof of identity and alien status, evidence of full-time enrollment attendance and authorization to work as well as evidence of employment must be submitted to the (SSA). The International Student Center will provide documentation that the student is authorized to work on-campus and is currently enrolled in a full course of study. The hiring department is responsible for providing evidence of employment within 30 days of application. For more detailed information on the requirements for issuing social security numbers for foreign nationals please refer to

Important Personnel Transaction Processing Reminders

Please submit personnel transactions with all required documents to Division of Human Resources. Items missing or not completed correctly will delay processing and sometimes delay paychecks. For more detailed information refer to the January 11, 2008 memorandum of "Important Personnel Transaction Processing Reminders" at If you have questions please do not hesitate to contact our office at (785) 532-6277.


"Only those who dare to fall greatly can ever achieve greatly." Robert Kennedy