Skip to the content

Kansas State University


Division of Human Resources
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
785-532-6095 (fax)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
Contact HR

Download the Adobe Acrobat Reader to access PDF forms.

  1. K-State Home >
  2. Division of Human Resources >
  3. HRIS >
  4. Training >
  5. Course Descriptions & Contents >
  6. Processing Hourly Student Pay Rate Changes On-line Using the HRIS

Processing Hourly Student Pay Rate Changes On-line Using the HRIS

A course designed for those who will be entering hourly student pay rate changes on-line using the HRIS. The course will include numerous scenarios that will apply to participant's role in updating pay rate changes for hourly students. This course will be held in a computer lab and each participant will have access to a computer for completing activities presented in class.

Prerequisite:Be able to use a web browser that supports HRIS
Attend Developing HRIS On-Line Skills
Attend Activities for Developing HRIS On-Line Skills (optional)

  • ..Payroll Time Lines
  • ..Pay Rate Change-Hourly Student Page desciption and attributes
  • ..Viewing Data On-line -- Workforce Administration
    • Personal Data
    • Job Data
    • Employment Data
  • ..Compute Salary Rate
  • ..Effective-Dates (i.e. history, current, future)
  • ..Updating compensation rate on-line; Adding new effective-dated row
  • ..Correcting compensation rate
    • Correcting a current effective-dated row of data
    • Correcting future effective-dated row of data

Enrollment Procedures

Register via HRIS Employee Self Service.

Or, register by contacting Training at Please include your name, employee ID, course title, course code, and course session number. Your registration will always be appreciated at least two days prior to the session.

Rescheduling & Cancellations

Due to the demand for the HRIS training sessions, rescheduling and/or canceling registration in a timely manner will be appreciated. Normally, there are individuals on a waiting list. Simply notify us by fax, telephone, or e-mail.