HRIS Tip: Function Key:F11 &
Resizing your desktop
The function key ... F11 ... toggles between full-screen and regular
- To enlarge a HRIS page ... select F11.
- To restore original page image ... select F11 again.
How to Change Resolution/Desktop Display
How to Change Resolution ... Desktop Display The best resolution
for viewing HRIS pages is 1024 x 768 pixels. Follow these steps
to view or update your desktop display settings.
- Close all software applications before beginning this process.
- Access the Control Panel by selecting the Windows "Start" Button > Settings > Control
Panel > Display > Settings
- The display (colors and screen area) will appear.
- Jot down original Screen Area settings in case you want
to change it back later.
- Change the display (Screen Area) by sliding the arrow either
left or right on the bar. The best resolution for HRIS is 1024
by 768 pixels.
- Select "OK" ... the following message will appear:
Windows will now reside your desktop. This could take a few seconds,
during which your screen might flicker. Select "OK" at
the bottom of this message.
- The following message will appear: You resized your desktop.
Do you want to keep this setting? Select "Yes" at the
bottom of this message.
- Close the Display Properties and Control Panel.
After completing these steps, your desktop will be resized for
ALL applications. To change your desktop back to the original setting,
follow these directions using the hand-written setting indicated
below Step 2.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact Alma at firstname.lastname@example.org.