With the installation of Windows XP Service Pack 2 Internet Explorer gains a pop-up blocking utility. This pop-up blocker has been causing some issues with various web based applications that require pop-ups. Some of these applications include FAMIS, SEVIS, PeopleSoft (HRIS) and Oracle Financials. The solution to these problems is fairly simple. All that needs to be done is to train the pop-up blocker to allow pop-ups from the sites you want to receive them from. If you follow the steps below on the web pages that you need to allow pop-ups on this should solve most of the problems people have been experiencing.
1. When you go to a site that has a pop-up you will see the screen below pointing you to look for the "Information Bar" that has appeared under the URL address bar at the top of Internet Explorer.
2. Below you will see the "Information Bar" notifying you that a pop-up has been blocked. It tells you if you would like to see additional options to click on it.
3. You will need to click on the "Information Bar" to allow pop-ups from this page. We recommend that you choose the "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site" option for any web based applications that require pop-ups so you do not need to do this every time you go to that site.
4. Once you have selected "Always Allow Pop-ups from This Site" will get the window below. Click "Yes" and your browser will refresh and the pop-ups will start coming up.
5. It is important to remember that you may have to follow these steps a few times per web based application for the first time.