Faculty award payments
To request the award payment:
- Complete the Additional Pay form to request the award payment.
- Using the additional information box, indicate the amount of the award and if the award is to be:
- Gross Award: gross award and benefits calculate normally, i.e. pay employee $1000 and it is understood the department will be charged $1000 + benefits;
- Set Amount Award: set amount award that includes gross and benefits, i.e. pay employee an amount by which the department will be charged a total of $1000; or
- Net Amount Award: Net amount award that is an exact net amount after taxes, i.e. employee's net check will be $1000 and it is understood the department will be charged a gross that includes employee deductions and taxes + employer benefits.
- Indicate date the check is needed along with instructions for delivery of the check.
- Note: The award is subject to ALL regular withholdings and deductions except arbitrary and state taxes and retirement.
State of Kansas Employees: The award will be paid using the Earn Code "BON" Bonus-Unclassified. Unless otherwise instructed the direct deposit will be disabled allowing a check to be created and returned to Human Resources from the Division of Accounts & Reports.
Local Agency Employees: When retirement deductions are to be taken, the award will be paid using the Earn Code "CNT" Contractual Pay. When no retirement deductions are to be taken, the award will be paid using the Earn Code "BON" Bonus-Unclassified. A check will be created and returned to Human Resources for disbursement.