Human Resources Newsletter-September 12, 2014
- Benefits Expo
- Maintaining Employee Information - Emergency Contacts
- October 1 Deadline for Unclassified Data Updates
- eTime Summary Report - ACA
This year we are featuring these seminars in Forum Hall:
- Understanding Your FREE Employee Assistance Benefits - Alec Hawley, ComPysch Corporation Representative
- KPERS Pre-Retirement Planning – Presented by Field Representative, KPERS
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment Seminars – Presented by Mary Spinks, State Health Plan
Employees have the ability to identify and/or modify emergency contact information via HRIS Employee Self Service. Please encourage employees to complete this important information to ensure that the department or HR may promptly respond to a medical emergency.
As a department HR liaison, you may also identify and/or modify an employee's emergency contacts using the Emergency Contact pages (pdf). Updating this information in either component (Employee Self Service or Emergency Contact page) will immediately update the other component after saving the data. The information the employee provides is strictly confidential, to be used ONLY in an emergency.
Don’t forget to update unclassified data (academic rank, contract data, etc.), October 1 is the deadline. Refer to July 18 HR Newsletter.
The eTime Summary Report - ACA, CSV file now displays additional information (i.e., employee ID, position number, position FTE, aggregate FTE and job code title) to assist with tracking hours for Affordable Care Act compliance.
“Middle age is when you've met so many people that every new person you meet reminds you of someone else.” - Ogden Nash