Human Resources Newsletter-November 7, 2014
- December 5, 2014 Employee Bonus
- CIP Code Table - On-Line Entry
- Veteran's Day
- HRIS eTime Timelines
- November Payroll Chat
Eligibility requirements include:
- Employees must be active as of, or prior to, Monday, November 25, 2013.
- Employees must be full-time (1.0 Full-time Equivalent [FTE]) within the same company (SOK or KUN or PUB) from Monday, November 25, 2013 through Friday, November 21, 2014. Employees on two part-time positions, that when combined is 1.0 FTE, are eligible. FTE must be 1.0. If it is anything less than 1.0, the employee is not eligible for the bonus. If an employee has more than one position, the bonus amount will be split proportionately between the employee's positions based on FTE.
- Employees may have a four day, or less, break in service from November 25, 2013 through November 21, 2014.
- Employees on leave of absence (including Military Leave of Absence) as well as employees who are suspended are eligible for the bonus.
- Employees on phased retirement and sabbatical leave are eligible for the bonus.
Payroll funding may be updated at any time in HRIS. A future effective-dated row (11/09/2014) may be inserted to modify the funding for this event. Another future effective-dated row (11/23/2014) may be inserted to revert funding to prior project(s).
On Monday, November 17, a Bonus Report listing eligible employees will be available in HRIS. Workforce Administration > Workforce Reports > Bonus Report
Any modifications to this list will need to be reported to Kristi Fronce at firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, November 20. Please indicate Employee ID, Name, Position # and reason for either adding or deleting employee from/to the list of eligible employees.
On Monday, November 24, for each eligible employee, Human Capital Services will insert the bonus (i.e., BOL-Bonus-Legislature Authorized) earnings code into the time entry page with a $250 amount prior to final pay calculation for the pay period. Eligible employees, who reported overtime hours within the designated period, will also receive Overtime Differential Pay.
Please contact your Division of Human Capital Services, Employee Data Representative, if you have questions at email@example.com or at (785) 532-6277.
Department HR liaisons now have the capability to update CIP (Classification of Instructional Programs) codes on-line in the KSU Position Data page (pdf). Note: The CIP code provides a scheme that supports the accurate tracking and reporting of fields of study and program completions activity for use by the K-State Planning and Analysis Office.
Next week, the following reports will display CIP codes where the code has been identified within the position. Watch for announcement.
Payroll for North America > Payroll Funding > Reports > Position Funding by Dept
Payroll for North America > Payroll Funding > Reports > Position Funding GA/GRA/GTA
Please refer to Veteran's Day Scenarios when entering time and leave for the pay period ending 11/22/14.
Even though the HRIS Processing Calendar (pdf) timelines have been adjusted for the holiday, eTime entry/approval process timelines remain the same within HRIS. Sunday, November 23, has been designated as the "Last day to enter T & L" for the pay period ending November 22. However, the HRIS eTime entry/approval pages will remain open until 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 24.
Please run the eTime Summary and/or the eTime Summary ACA reports on Sunday, November 23 or early on Monday, November 24, to ensure eTime has been recorded and approved for nonexempt non-benefit eligible employees (hourly students, graduate assistants, etc.) and graduate research and graduate teaching assistants. For details, please access Recording eTime in HRIS.
The Payroll Chat for November is now published. Please read for important details.
"I never liked anyone who didn't have a temper. If you don't have any temper, you don't have any passion." - Michael Blomberg on 20/20