Human Resources Newsletter-September 26, 2014
- Benefits Expo
- New I-9 Training Webinar
- Printing Blank Time Documents for New Non-Exempt Employees
- Payroll Chat for September/October
- Many Grants End September 30, 2014
More than 30 benefit and other vendors will be present to answer all your benefit enrollment and retirement questions. Browse the vendor booths and attend special sessions in Forum Hall:
- Understanding Your FREE Employee Assistance Benefits - Alec Hawley, ComPysch Corporation Representative 10:30 a.m.
- KPERS Pre-Retirement Planning – Presented by Field Representative, KPERS 12:30 p.m.
- Health Insurance Open Enrollment Seminars – Presented by Mary Spinks, State Health Plan 9:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
Form I-9 Webinar On-Demand. Now you can watch the free Form I-9 webinar at any time. Choose the chapters of your choice or watch the entire 22 minute video in one sitting. You will see how to complete Sections 1, 2 and 3, best practices and much more. It's a great training tool! This same link has been placed on our I-9 forms page.
When a non-exempt (hourly) employee is being hired, we encourage you to print a blank time document for them to track their hours while waiting for their information to be entered into HRIS. To print a blank time document, access the following path: Time and Leave>Reports>Time Documents>Blank Time Documents. By providing this time document to your employees, it gives them a method of recording their hours.
Please contact your HR employee data representative with questions.
September 30th is the date when many federal grants end. Please run the Project Award End Date (pdf) report to identify employees who are on those grants and make appropriate funding changes or initiate discussions with SPA to ensure the grant is extended in a timely fashion.
"Words differently arranged have different meanings, and meanings differently arranged have a different effect." - Blaise Pascal, philosopher and mathematician (1623-1662)