Policies and Guidelines
- KSU Policies & Procedures Manual
- The definitive guide to K-State Policies.
- Background Checks
- Information, policy and forms for criminal background checks.
- Policies, procedures and regulations for Classified Staff.
- Conflict of
- Policy to manage real or apparent conflicts of interest and
Policies & Related Forms
- General Policies for Faculty and Staff from the Office of Academic Personnel
- Intellectual Property
- This policy applies to all employees, including students, who
create intellectual property related to the scope of their employment
while under contract with K-State.
- Index to the complete collection of Kansas Regulations.
Advancement Policy (pdf)
- State of Kansas Leave Advancement
Policy for Classified Employees
- Leave Advancement Policy Extended
to All Employees Who Earn Leave (pdf)
- State of Kansas Leave Advancement Policy for All Leave-earning
- Substance Abuse Policy
- State of Kansas policy which applies to all state agencies.
- University Handbook
- Policies, procedures and regulations for Unclassified Faculty
- Benefits Enrollment-Change-Notification
- Timelines and requirements for participation in Benefits programs
for use by Personnel Specialists
- Classified Staff Employment Summary (pdf)
- Classified job pay grades, pay rates, classification, job code
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- IRS rules regarding distinguishing between an independent contractor
and an employee.
- Layoff Plan for Classified Staff (pdf)
- General information, guidelines and procedures for layoff of
- Leave Reporting
- Information for Timekeepers about reporting time and leave.
- Military Status and Disabled
- Definitions for Veteran Status and Military Disibility.
- Non-Resident Alien Employment
- Forms and information about employing non-resident aliens.
Files in ImageNow
- References for retention of personnel files, HR official personnel
files as well as departmental copies of personnel files in electronic
- Transaction Checklists
- Lists of forms required for each type of personnel transaction.
- Transaction Guidelines-Classified
- Instructions, Policies and Procedures for Classified Staff
- Transaction Guidelines-Faculty/Unclassified Professional
- Instructions, Policies and Procedures for Faculty and Unclassified
Staff personnel transactions.
- Transaction Guidelines-Graduate
- Instructions, Policies and Procedures for Graduate Student
- Transaction Guidelines-Hourly Student
- Instructions, Policies and Procedures for Hourly Student personnel
- Transaction Guidelines and Procedures
- Special instructions, Policies and Procedures for personnel
transactions occuring during the summer months.