Fill out the
Position Descriptions Checklist
- Ensure all signatures are original for the employee and supervisor as well as for the appropriate Department Head/Director or Dean/Vice President/Provost, as required by the college/unit.
- Ensure the organizational chart is attached and includes position numbers, titles, and names.
- Verify all task statements total 100%.
- Verify all parts of each form are completed.
- Ensure the current version is being used by accessing the forms through this page
- If the position description is submitted for reclassification review, indicate the proposed new title (#12 on DA-281-2) and outline the reasons for the request (#18b on DA-281-2).
- For DA-281-2, ensure there is a review statement after each duty or a summarized statement after the task statements.
- For DA-281-2, ensure the "Minimum Requirements" listed in Item 27 are taken directly from the current State Classification Specifications. Preferred qualifications beyond the minimums are listed in Item 29.
Instructions for Completing PER-23 Position Description for Unclassified Positions
The completed original form should be signed and forwarded, along with the organizational chart, to Compensation and Classification, Human Resources with a copy to the Office of Affirmative Action in the recruitment packet.
Form Completion Instructions
Enter the HRIS position number which is required before the position description can be reviewed by HR or AA.
PART I - REASON FOR ACTION
Indicate whether the position is a New Position or an Existing Position. If an existing position, select one of the checkboxes on the next line, if applicable.
PART II - POSITION INFORMATION
If the position is New, complete the Proposed Column. If the position is not new, complete all fields in the "Current" column; if changes are proposed to the existing position, complete the "Proposed" column also. The job code and the job title (select the 'Unclassified (sok)' tab) must match.
PART III - ORGANIZATIONAL INFORMATION
Enter requested information.
PART IV - DEFINITION OF WORK
Check only one main characterization of the work. If the position is a Computer/Information Technology position, also check any of those key duties of the position.
PART V - JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Number each duty, indicate whether the duty is "Essential" or "Marginal", indicate the percent of time normally spent on each duty, and then describe the duties of the position.
List required education, experience, other requirements, preferred requirements and salary or range.
PART VI - SIGNATURES
Sign as indicated.
PART VII . CLASSIFICATION ACTION FOR AFFIRMATIVE ACTION AND HUMAN RESOURCES USE ONLY
Reserved for central office use, only.