Skip to the content

Kansas State University

Employee Relations
Kansas State University
103 Edwards Hall C104
Manhattan, KS 66506-4801
785-532-3188 (fax)
8 a.m. - 5 p.m. (CST)
Contact HR

Political Activity of Persons in the Classified Service

Kansas Law restricts the political activity in which a State employee can participate. Employees may vote and express their personal opinions. However, if you wish to seek office in a partisan election, you must resign your position. While employed, you are not allowed to use your authority or official influence directly or indirectly to force other State employees to take part in any political activity, apply for membership in or become a member of any organization, or pay or promise to pay any assessment, subscription, or contribution.