Current Employees

Need to change something?

Find out what you can do and see in Employee Self Service
Check out our forms

Time Off
calendar with day circled

Paid Holidays
Leave Programs
Request leave from your supervisor:  salaried or hourly 


Health insurance
Retirement Plans
Benefits Summary

Pay Information

W-2 Information-How do I request a duplicate W-2?
Why is my pay check different in 2015? (pdf)
How are my federal and state taxes figured?
Paycheck Calculator (Excel) or Paycheck Calculator (

Work-Life Balance
Work life scale

I just got married or had a baby, what do I need to do in HR?
Work Life Balance

Learning and Development
puzzle pieces

Training Events
Training Catalog

Business Travel

Business Travel Card
Division of Financial Services-Travel Information

Employee Resources

University Handbook
University Support Staff Handbook (pdf)
Dispute Resolution
Policy and Procedures Manual
Academic Resources

Other Topics

Leaving the University
How do I change my address?
Statement of Substantial Interest

HRIS Employee Self Service
Job Opportunities
Pay Dates

What's Happening in HR

HCS is Working on a Compensation Philosophy

Read about it in the K-State Today and take the compensation philosophy survey!

Duplicate W2s

Duplicate W-2s for 2014 will be available starting Wednesday, February 11, 2015. Employees wishing to obtain immediate access to W-2 information, rather than requesting and waiting for a duplicate W-2 in the mail, may consent and receive their W-2 information electronically via the State of Kansas Employee Self Service (see article below about Electronic W-2s). Employees wishing to receive a printed duplicate W-2 need to contact Human Capital Services at 785-532-6277. Please note - Employees who retired or terminated from State service have access to consent to view/print W-2's or to request duplicate paper W-2's for 18 months after their date of separation.

Electronic W-2’s Now Available

W-2s for 2014 are now available through State of Kansas Employee Self Service. If you did not consent to receive your W-2 electronically, printed W-2s, will be mailed in late January, 2015.

See the Frequently Asked Questions (pdf) for more information. If you have any questions, please contact your department HR liaison.

Why is my pay check different in 2015? (pdf)

Employees may notice changes reflected on their pay check dated January 2, 2015. Please see "Why is my pay check different in 2015?" for an overview of the changes effective in 2015.

Deferred Compensation (457) Plan Changes 

All K-State employees are eligible to enroll in the deferred compensation (457) plan offered by KPERS. Deferred compensation is a supplemental retirement savings option that allows employees to set aside pre-tax money to an annual contribution limit established by the IRS. Employees do not need to be benefit eligible to participate in this employee plan. Please note, this plan is solely funded by the employee, the University does not make contributions to this plan.

Starting in January 2015, Great-West Financial will begin providing plan administration, record keeping, education and communication for the KPERS 457 Retirement Plan.  Great West is replacing ING/Voya at the end of the year, December 31, 2014.

Three meetings were held in Manhattan on December 3, 2014 for all current and future employees.  If you were unable to attend one of these meetings, a recording will be available at Additional information is also available on​ and our FAQs (pdf)