Robert D. Linder, University Distinguished Professor
Office: 117 B Calvin Hall
"History, religion, politics, baseball! These are the important things of life. What else is there?" -- Professor Bob Linder
History of Modern Christianity from the Reformation to the Present
History of Religion and Politics in Europe, Australia and the United States
"Pierre Viret on War and Peace," Calvin Theological Journal, vol. 48 (June 2013): 122-130.
"Reformation Studies in the Early Twenty-First Century," Occasional Paper No. 6, The Australian College of Theology, September 2012, 1-16.
The Reformation Era (London: Greenwood Press, 2008).
Co-editor and contributor, Making History for God: Essays on Evangelicalism, Revival and Mission (Sydney: Robert Menzies College, 2004).
The History of the Church (rev. ed., London: Angus Hudson LTD, 2002).
The Long Tragedy: Australian Evangelical Christians and the Great War, 1914-1918 (Adelaide: Openbook Publishers, 2000).
Co-editor, author of the Introduction and contributor, A Dictionary of Christianity in America(Chicago: IV Press, 1990).
- History of Christianity
- The Reformation
- Religion in American History
- The History of Baseball in American Culture
- Graduate Seminars in the History of Christianity, Religion and Politics, and War and Peace
- In Press: Between Heaven and Hell: A History of Australian Evangelical Christianity, 1788-2000.
- Book manuscript in progress: A revised edition of Civil Religion and the Presidency, originally published by Zondervan/Harper Collins, 1988.
- Book manuscript in progress: a biography of Frank Carlson, 1893-1987.
- Book manuscript in progress: a biography of Pierre Viret, 1511-1571.