Summer Transaction Training for HCS Liaisons
Course Code: WHR040
Course Name: Summer Transaction Training for HCS Liaisons
Department: Human Capital Services
Length of Session: 3 Hours
Audience: Department HCS Liaisons with 9-month employees
Session Description: Human Capital Services is offering a group training session for HCS Liaisons who will be preparing transactions for summer. Information that will be covered includes:
- Guidelines for completing hourly student, graduate student and unclassified summer transactions;
- Guidelines for completing the Form I-9;
- Effective dates and submission due dates for summer;
- Involuntary leave of absence process;
- 9-month graduate student employees short work break (used for those who will returning in the Fall);
- Funding updates for the new Fiscal Year;
- Unclassified data updates;
- Summer Benefits
This training is typically for new HCS Liaisons or those who need a refresher, however, we encourage all academic areas to attend.
Session Objectives: As a result of this session, participants will:
- Identify or review information on summer appointment procedures.
- Recognize components of the Form I-9.
- Establish schedules and dates for the summer processes.