Medicare Basics for Boomers and Beyond
Course Code: WTD137
Course Name: Medicare Basics for Boomers and Beyond
Department: K-State Research and Extension
Length of Session: 1.5 Hours
Audience: All employees
Session Description: Are you approaching 65 years old? Do you assist your parents with medical issues? Does the word Medicare send a shiver down your spine? Are you confused about your options and what to expect once your insurance changes?
If you answered "yes" to any of these questions, then the Medicare Basics workshop is for you. This totally unbiased and free class will help you gain the knowledge you need to make informed decisions.
This is an event through KSU Division of Human Capital Services. Employee guests are welcome to attend this session. To register a guest who is not a K-State employee, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Session Objectives: As a result of this session, participants will:
- Identify the parts of Medicare and what services they cover.
- Understand Medicare enrollment periods and enrollment options.
- Distinguish when it is advisable to delay enrollment in Medicare.
- Review options related to Medicare supplement, prescription drug coverage.
- Recognize how Medicare works with employer retiree coverage.