What happens in an advising meeting:
- Students come with their DARS report so that their progress on requirements of the major, college, and university can be monitored;
- Students and advisors discuss what courses and/or experiences are lacking in the achievement of the requirements
- A plan is made for the next semester that is based on the goal of achieving all of the requirements by graduation.
Advising Preparation Checklist:
- Preview course offerings for the upcoming semester: Courses.
- Read descriptions of classes and note prerequisites in the KSU catalog: Catalog.
- Find out when you can enroll by checking in the "Enrollment" section on iSIS or on the enrollment time chart for the upcoming semester, which can be found on the Courses website: iSIS; Courses.
- Print off a copy of your DARS report, which can be found on iSIS under the "Degree Progress/Graduation" section: iSIS.
- Get activated with Career and Employment Services: Career and Employment Services.
- *Prior to advising an e-mail will be sent to all students letting them know how to schedule appointments with their advisor. Advising times fill quickly. If you need to cancel, please call or e-mail your advisor to let them know.
Note: *If you do not know who your advisor is, please contact Kim Garver in the main office at 532-5738 for assistance.