The China scholarship council
The post-graduate Study Abroad Program is a national scholarship program, launched in 2007, for financing outstanding Chinese students to study at top universities around the world. The program aims to create a platform for the training and exchanges of talents with an international vision by promoting cooperation and exchanges between top Chinese universities and their counterparts abroad and establishing sustainable academic relationships between them.
The China Scholarship Council and Kansas State University agree to collaborate on designated doctoral (PhD) programs which are offered to excellent candidates. Selected Chinese students will enroll at KSU and undertake study. If the selected Chinese students successfully complete the requirements of the designated program and successfully defend their dissertation, they will be conferred degrees by Kansas State University
Eligibility Requirements from the China Scholarship Council
Criteria for admissions to Kansas State University:
Individuals planning to apply to The China Scholarship Council for a scholarship must meet the following criteria:
1. Have a minimum of a Master of Science degree from a university recognized by the Ministry of Education to award graduate degree.
2. Have an outstanding undergraduate and graduate record with a grade point average of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale (or 80 points on a 100 point scale) in your last two years of graduate work.
3. Provide evidence of language proficiency sufficient for pursuit of a graduate degree.
-A minimum of 95 on the iBT TOEFL with a minimum part score for each section of 22.
1. Complete the online Graduate School Application form
2. Pay designated application fee ($75 US Dollars; $100 US Dollars if applying to Ph.D. in Environmental Design in College of Architecture, Planning, and Design).
3. Submit the following materials in one packet to Dr. Duane Crawford, Associate Dean of Graduate School at the address noted below.
a. Personal information form to include: name, address, date of birth, and email address.
b. Transcript(s) and degree certificate(s) in English and native language
c. Test scores including English proficiency (iBT TOEFL) and GRE.
-Official scores must be submitted to Kansas State University.
d. Three Letters of Recommendation
e. Personal Statement
f. Curriculum Vitae
g. Affidavit of Financial Support with the required documentation
-If selected for a scholarship, a copy of the award letter must be submitted immediately to Dr. Crawford.
h. Copy of confirmation form from online application.
i. Other documents or information required by the graduate program to which you are applying.
j. Send materials express mail to
Dr. Duane Crawford
Graduate School, Kansas State University
103 Fairchild Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506-1103
4. Once your application, application fee, and all materials listed in number 3 have been received, Dr. Crawford will send your application packet to the graduate program to which you have applied.
5. If recommended for admission, the Graduate School will process your application and send you a letter of admissions contingent upon the receipt of a CSC Scholarship.
6. If awarded a CSC Scholarship, you should send a copy of the award letter and an updated Affidavit of Financial Support to Dr. Duane Crawford.
Kansas State University Programs Accepting China Scholarship Council Participants:
Anatomy and Physiology
Biological and Agricultural Engineering
Computer and Information Sciences
Electrical and Computer Engineering
Grain Science and Industry
Human Nutrition (Sensory Analysis and Consumer Behavior)
Industrial and Manufacturing Systems Engineering
Mechanical and Nuclear Engineering