Lafene Health Center
The primary function of the Student Health Center at Kansas State University is to provide a medical facility capable of offering health care for most medical needs in the University community through a coordinated and integrated department within the institution.
The Student Health program assists the students in the following ways:
- Providing quality medical care to the individual student attending the University (outpatient care for illness, immunizations and health education).
- Assisting other University departments in providing a healthy environment, e.g. Communicable Disease Committee, Campus Safety, Disabled Student Services, etc.
- Providing the opportunity for health education (classroom instruction, individual contact in clinic, articles on health in University newspapers).
- Consult and actively participate with the Student Health Advisory Committee whose activities include providing a liasion between the student body and the Health Center.
- Providing the opportunity through the Student Health Advisory Committee for better understanding of the Student Health program.
More information about Lafene Health Center can be found at their website at http://www.k-state.edu/lafene/.
Urgent Health Care Information for International Students: Tuberculosis testing is required for all students who have spent more than four months in a country with a high incidence of tuberculosis. Please access more information about testing at Lafene Health Care. You will not be allowed to enroll until you have been tested.
Urgent Health Care Information for All Students Residing in Student Housing: It is the policy of the Board of Regents of the State of Kansas that incoming students residing in student housing at a Regents' institution be vaccinated for meningitis or sign a waiver declining receipt of the Meningitis vaccine. The Meningitis vaccine is available through Lafene Student Health Center. Students who sign a housing contract will receive the Meningococcal Vaccine Form from K-State's Housing and Dining Services. For more information see http://www.k-state.edu/lafene/ and click on "Meningitis vaccine".