1. K-State home
  2. »Graduate School
  3. »Admissions
  4. »Virtual Orientation
  5. »Financing your education

Graduate School

We are a safe and caring campus. Reports of Academic Violations, Conduct Violations, Discrimination, Students of Concern, and Clery Act crimes may be submitted at the Report It page.

Graduate School
Kansas State University
113-119 Eisenhower Hall
1013 Mid-Campus Dr.
Manhattan KS 66506

800-651-1816 (toll free)

785-532-2983 fax

Financing your education

Financial assistance

Kansas State University offers numerous forms of graduate student financial assistance to help you obtain an advanced degree.

Teaching and research assistantships

Teaching and research assistantships are the primary form of graduate student financial assistance. Assistantships are based on the student's ability and are usually made for nine or twelve months. Contact a department head for graduate assistantship information.


The university has a number of available traineeships. Several departments also have federally supported traineeships. Contact individual departments for information.

Loan programs

Kansas State University offers four federal loan programs: the Federal Stafford Loan/Federal Direct Loan, the Federal Perkins Loan, the Health Professions Student Loan and Alumni Foundation Loans. You must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident to qualify for these programs.

The Office of Student Financial Assistance administers all federal assistance programs.

Scholarship and fellowships

Kansas State University offers more than $18.8 million each year in scholarships.

Graduate students are eligible for a variety of scholarships and fellowships.


Learn about tuition and fees at Kansas State University.

Kansas State University offers numerous tuition payment options.