* Fairchild Hall was substantially completed in 1894 for $70,000.
* The south portion was restricted to one story but a second story was added in 1903.
* The library was moved from Anderson Hall as soon as Fairchild was completed and remained here until the north wing of Farrell Library was built in 1927. At that time the interior of Fairchild was extensively remodeled to increase the space for the departments of Entomology, Geology, Zoology, History and Government. Exhibits of animals, birds and insects inhabiting the central plains replaced the area formerly used for the library book stacks.
* In 1902, this building was named for George T. Fairchild, third president of Kansas State College. He was president when this building was erected.