First Scholars® Eligibility Criteria
First Scholars seeks to attract students who will be incoming first-time, full-time freshmen whose parents did not attend more than two years of college. Students participating in First Scholars receive a four-year renewable scholarship of $5,000.
- Must be a first-generation college student (neither parent earned more than two years of education beyond high school and no post-secondary degree).
- Be an incoming first-time, full-time freshman.
- Must be admitted to K-State for Fall 2018.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 25, 2018.
- Achieve an ACT score between 21-26 and an average cumulative GPA of a 3.0.
- Be eligible for in-state student tuition.
- Reside in the Living Learning Community for First Scholars® during the freshmen year
- Agree to participate in the program including developing and implementing an Individual Strategic Plan and participating in and attending social, cultural, academic, leadership, and service opportunities.
- Maintain a 2.5 cumulative GPA as a K-State student and complete all program requirements.