Accounts Payable
Kansas State University
220 Anderson Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
785-532-1305 fax

Paying a Nonresident Alien

Payments to nonresident aliens, who are conducting activities in the United States, require additional tax guidelines.  The three most common types of payments to nonresident aliens are payments of honoraria or payments for services rendered, scholarship/fellowship, and substantiated travel reimbursement.  Please see the information below to learn more about the tax guidelines for each type of payment.