- What do I do to get a card?
- What are the different types of BPCs?
- My card is declined, what do I need to do?
- Can I put xxx on the card?
- I can't see my card in eforms?
- I am missing a reciept, what do I need to do?
- I lost my wallet, what do I need to do to cancel my card?
- There are purchases on my statement that are not mine, what can I do?
- I need to make a purchase with Foundation funds and want to use my BPC, is that OK?
- If I move to a different department on campus can I take my card with me?
- I need to change the address on my BPC what do I need to do?
- Can I let someone else use my BPC?
- Can I put fuel on my card?
- Why can't we use the BPC for food when traveling?
- I need to charge business lodging to my BPC, what do I need to do?
- I need to increase my credit limit, what do I need to do?
- Why do I have to put the last 4 digits of my SSN on the form, is this attached to my credit score?
- My card has been closed due to fraud, what happens next?
- What expenses may be covered when booking a rental car?
- When is a cost comparison needed?
- I need to use my BPC while traveling overseas, what do I need to do?
- What expenses are reimbursable with airfare?
- How do I know what travel code to use?
- How is per diem calculated?
- What meal(s) can be reimbursed for one day travel?
- What expenses are reimbursable with registrations?
- Are visa and passport expenses covered?
- When is a W-9 required to reimburse for travel expenses?
- What expenses can be put on the Enhanced BPC?
- Can I combine more than one trip on the same travel voucher?
- What is allowed when booking a rental car?
- Which FY rates do I use when completing an end of fiscal year travel voucher?
- Do I need to have taxi receipts to be reimbursed?
- I need to pay a vendor but it is not listed in e-forms what do I do?
- I have paid this vendor before but when I conduct a search in SMART the vendor is not found, Why?
- Why do I need to search for a vendor in SMART instead of just typing in the vendor's name?
- When do I need to request an W-9?
Complete the BPC Account Action Request form. Send the request to the BPC Coordinator, 220 Anderson Hall. You will be contacted by Systems to complete the on-line training. Once the training is complete, the BPC coordinator will request a new card. You will be notified by email or phone when your new card arrives to our office.
Email Memory Buffington, Bernetta Finch and Jody Schlup. Provide last eight digits of BPC, merchant, charge amount, reason for charge and date charge was attempted. We will review the attempted charge and contact you for further instructions.
The following is a list of items that can not be purchased on the card. If you have any questions on whether an item can be purchased on the BPC please call our office before you charge the card. Purchases originating from international companies are typically declined unless they are originating from Canada, United Kingdom, or Australia. Special approval process is required for any other countries. Please call our office if you need to make an international purchase.
Construction, Renovation or Installation
Meals while in travel status
Purchases involving trade-in of University property
Real Estate Taxes
First time users need to add the BPC in eforms. In eforms, select Accounting, Business Procurement Card Voucher and Manage cards. In the Add Card section, type in card number, name on card, expiration date, and save the information. Select Return to Statement and the new card information should be displayed on the screen. If you have more than one card you may have to select which card to view using the down arrow button on the statement screen
If possible, the vendor must be called and asked to provide a detailed invoice, credit memo, or an adequate substitute. If they can only FAX you a copy, please remember to certify and sign it as valid and the only copy you received. If a copy of the receipt can not be obtained from the vendor then the cardholder must provide a statment explaining the reason for the missing receipt and state the charge is vaild.
If a procurement card is lost or stolen, immediately contact the BPC Coordinator to have your card closed and re-issued. If the card is lost or stolen after normal business hours (M-F; 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.), please notify UMB Bank Security at 1-800-821-5184 and then the BPC Coordinator when the Division of Financial Services re-opens for business.
The cardholder is responsible for contacting and following up with the vendor on any erroneous charges, disputed items or returns as soon as possible. If the cardholder is unable to reach agreement with the vendor, the next step is to contact the BPC Coordinator.
The BPC Coordinator may request the cardholder to complete a BPC Cardholder Dispute Form and return the form to 220 Anderson Hall. The dispute form will be forwarded to UMB Bank for resolution with the vendor. The bank must be notified of any disputed items within 60 days of the last cycle in which the item was purchased.
The BPC is not approved for Foundation fund expenditures. The BPC should only be used for purchasing commodities, services, and travel related expenses with state and grant funds.
If an employee moves to another KSU department, the old department’s card does not transfer to the new department. The new department must initiate the process to obtain a new card for the employee. The old card should be returned to our office along with the BPC Account Action Form.
Complete the BPC Account Action form to request the changes and send it to 220 Anderson Hall.
The BPC should only be used by the cardholder appearing on the card.
Yes, when on official business travel, fuel purchase for a rental car or a state vehicle is allowed on the card. A traveler is reimbursed mileage through the travel reimbursement process when using their personal vehicle for business travel and therefore would not use the BPC to purchase fuel for this purpose.
Kansas State University employees are reimbursed their food costs through per diem on a Travel Voucher once their business travel is complete. The BPC is limited to other business travel needs outside of meals such as lodging, rental car, and airfare. If meals are purchased at a hotel during a traveler's stay, these should be separated and paid by personal credit card/funds since the traveler will be reimbursed per diem upon return.
If you would like to enhance or change your existing card, use the BPC Account Action Request form to request the changes and send it to 220 Anderson Hall.
There may be instances when a temporary increase is needed because of a high dollar purchase(s) or a large volume of purchases occur during a particular month and more items are needed to be purchased before the end of the next statement cycle. If this happens, please notify our office and we will temporary increase your credit limit through the next statement cycle. For a permanent credit limit increase/decrease, complete the BPC Account Action Request form and return it to our office.
The last 4 digits of the SSN is used for identification and security purposes only. The BPC is not affilated with the cardholder's credit score.
Once fraud has been detected on your card, UMB will close the card and re-issue a new card immediately. The new card will arrive to our office within 7-10 business days. You will receive a fraud letter from our office explaining what will happen after fraud has been detected on your card. If you have any questions please contact the BPC coordinator.
- When a single traveler drives a personal vehicle more than 400 miles out of state
- When personal time is included and the flight is not the most direct route to/from an event
- When business or first class airfare is booked
- When a traveler opts to take a train (e.g. Amtrack) or bus (e.g. Greyhound)
- When a traveler opts to fly out of an airport that is not closest to the official station or domicile. (e.g. Manhattan would utilize Manhattan Municipal, Kansas City, MO or Wichita airports.)
If you are traveling to an overseas location, please provide travel dates and list of countries you will be visiting. We will notify the Bank of your travel dates in order to avoid any issues with international purchases while traveling.
Baggage expenses are reimbursable. If multiple baggage is being claimed an explanation for the multiple bags should be notated on the travel voucher (e.g. presentation supplies, equipment, etc.) At the department head or dean's discretion, a flight change fee can be reimbursable when the traveler provides additional documentation/explanation showing the business purpose for the change fee.
Expenses that are not reimbursable include, but are not limited to:
- Seat upgrades
- Business or First class seats
- Travel insurance
- Early Bird check in
Travel codes can be located in our travel PPM.
If the work day is exceeded by more than 3 hours, a single meal reimbursement is allowable. Additionally, if an employee attends a meeting or conference and is required to purchase a meal at the event, the employee will be reimbursed at the state meal allowance rate. A meal reimbursement is not allowable if business is conducted within 30 miles of the employee’s official station or a meal was provided at no cost.
Typically, an individual membership is not reimbursed with state funds when purchasing registrations. In the event, a institutional membership is not available or individual membership is a cost saving to the University, then individual memberships are allowed.
Visa fees are reimbursable if documentation is provided showing the visa requirement to enter that particular country. Travelers can be reimbursed for the expense upon completion of travel. Passport expenses may be reimbursed if the traveler is required by KSU to travel internationally.
When the traveler is not on KSU payroll (e.g. student, non-KSU vendor)
- Airfare (when no personal time is included before, during or after event)
- Airfare/hotel packages when booked through a travel website such as Expedia, Travelocity, Shorts Travel, Hotels.com, etc.
- Shuttles (e.g Roadrunner, Blue Van, etc.)
- Tolls & Parking
- Baggage expense
- Rental car/gas for rental car
What expense can be put on the Enhanced Lodging BPC?
All items listed for Enhanced BPC in addition to Lodging expenses
Only if consecutive travel is involved. A trip ends when the traveler returns to their official station or domicile.
- Economy vehicles should be reserved when they accommodate the business needs of the traveler. Please provide additional information on the voucher if additional accommodations are needed for business travel.
- Collision Damage Waiver (CDW) and Loss Damage Waiver (LDW) are reimbursable. Please note: When putting a rental vehicle on the BPC, the CDW/LDW is not needed as UMB VISA provides these coverages.
- Fuel Purchase Option (FPO) and Fuel Service Option (FSO) are reimbursable.
- Toll Pass System (TPS) is allowable in certain states.
- Expenses not covered with state funds include (but not limited to):
- Personal Protection Plan (PPP)
- Personal Accident Insurance (PAI)
- Emergency Sickness Insurance (ESP)
- Supplemental Liability Insurance (SLI)
- Supplemental Liability Prottection (SLP)
- Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UMP)
- Car Seats
Any travel from July 1 through June 30 will be one fiscal year. If travel begins in June and ends in July, rates will be one fiscal year through June 30 and the following fiscal year as of July 1, or may all be considered the following fiscal year.
Typically, taxi receipts, city buses, subways, tolls, parking meters and unmanned parking receipts do not require receipts. Airport shuttle receipts are required. If the amount appears outside standard rates, i.e. $200 taxi ride from Denver airport to a hotel in Denver, 8 miles from the airport, additional supporting documentation may be requested by our office.
If you are unable to locate a vendor through the eforms Vendor Search option please check the list of commonly used vendors (Common Vendors) in the event they are paid under a different name. You may also contact Wally Burgos at (785) 532-6203 or our office at (785) 532-6202 for additional assistance. If the vendor is not an actively used vendor by Kansas State University you will need to request a legibly completed, signed, and dated W-9 or W-8BEN from the vendor to send with the payment voucher. Establishing new vendors takes additional processing time as our office has to first obtain vendor setup approval from Office of General Services in Topeka before setup may be complete in the eforms system (approximately 2-3 business days).
There may be instances where the vendor is listed in e-forms by a different name. In most cases, this is because the vendor/business is owned by a corporation or individual different than the business name.
If you type in the vendor's name in e-forms, it will appear as a new vendor and delay the processing of the payment.
If it is a new vendor that has never been paid by the State or the vendor has NOT been paid for more than 1 year (365 days) you will need to request a W-9 from the vendor. If you are not sure if you need to obtain a W-9 for a vendor, please call our office at (785) 532-6202 to verify if a W-9 should be requested.