Excavating & Utility Locating
For Underground Utility Locates call:
KANSAS ONE-CALL at 1-800-344-7233 (1-800-DIG-SAFE)
**As REQUIRED by Kansas Law before Excavation**
• KANSAS ONE-CALL is a FREE Service
• Your request will be dispatched to the utility providers for locating
• PLEASE HAVE THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION READY PRIOR TO CALLING:
- Caller ID # (KS One Call Locate Request Form)
- First time callers will be given an ID #
- Your Name and Telephone # for contact, if needed
- Duration of Work
- Nature of Work
- County & City
- Job Location
• Physical Address
• KSU Campus, building name with directions from landmarks
• Section, Township & Range, if no physical address is nearby
• BE AS SPECIFIC AS POSSIBLE!
KSU Underground Utility inquiries administered by:
Kansas State University
Department of Facilities Planning Office
202 Dykstra Hall
Manhattan, KS 66506
* The excavator is required to maintain all markings and to stay two (2) feet horizontally from the unexposed utility. If excavation is required within those 2 feet, extreme caution and care should be used to prevent damage. (Use hand tools or vacuum excavation machine to expose utilities.)
The excavator is to exercise all means to ensure safety of property and personnel.
* If any damage or suspicion of damage occurs, it is the responsibility of the excavator to immediately notify the appropriate shop, authority, or owner directly.
* Prior to back filling, if changes are encountered or made to existing facilities, a reasonable time shall be given to the locator in order to maintain suitable records.
The above are general guidelines established by the KSU Planning Office. As a whole the Kansas One Call Manual (Dig Safely) will serve as the main source.
"*" These items are outlined in the Kansas Statutes. This information can also be found along with many others in the Dig Safe Manual, or Kansas One-Call