Welcome to the Parent Section of the EXCITE! Website!
What is EXCITE?
EXCITE! is designed to introduce high school students to science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields. EXCITE, or Exploring Science, Technology and Engineering, is for students in the 9th - 12th grades. The goal of the program is to foster girls' continuing interest in STEM.
What is an EXCITE! Event Like?
During the school year high school students are invited to one day campus events. These events focus on preparing for college as a STEM student and are led by K-State students, staff and faculty.
- Show Me the Scholarships - Learn to search for scholarships that are just right for you.
- Shadow Days - Spend the day on campus with an undergraduate going to class, touring the campus and experiencing college life.
All EXCITE events are held on the main campus of Kansas State University in Manhattan, KS. Our upper level undergrad students, graduate students, and Professors help make EXCITE events informational and fun at the same time. Students spend their time at K-State with trained KAWSE Mentors. These Mentors will stay with your child and their group throughout the entire event.
Our events during the school year are typically held during the week and are focused on preparing to come to college. These events usually start around 9 a.m. and last until 3:00 p.m. Lunch is included.
Our summer workshop is a 3 day camp where the girls stay in a Kansas State residence hall. Room and board are covered in the cost of registration. For more information about our upcoming summer camp visit http://www.k-state.edu/grow/upcoming-events/.
EXCITE! is here to give you the resources you will need to encourage and challenge your student to look into the world of STEM fields.
The links below will take you to a listing of our free informational publications that will help you and your students learn about the options available to them.
- This page is for teachers, parents, and youth professionals who wish to use the Dragonfly Web Pages with their children. It provides annotated links to essays about teaching and learning as well as annotated links to components of the Dragonfly Web Pages.
- Take Our Daughters to Work Day. April 26, 2018
- Dads- Inspire, Understand and Support your daughter.