Who is eligible for ESS services?
To be eligible for ESS, you must be enrolled as an undergraduate at K-State, have academic need, and meet at least one (1) of the following criteria:
- Be income limited based off of federal guidelines:
- Be a first-generation college student (neither parent nor guardian received a bachelor's degree)
- Have a documented disability or special need
Students must also be a US citizen and/or legal permanent resident and pursuing their first bachelor’s degree.
How do I apply/request services?
If you think you may qualify, even if you're not sure, please apply. It's a short, simple application.
- Step 1: Print and complete the ESS on-line application. (Applications are also available at the ESS office in 103 Holton Hall)
- Step 2: Drop it off in the ESS Office - 103 Holton Hall or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you qualify* and are accepted into the program, we will email you to set up an appointment and begin our services. Otherwise, we will refer you to other resources available on campus. *Qualifying for ESS does not guarantee acceptance into the program. Our grant allows us to serve 300 students per year.
What to expect once accepted into ESS
Students who are accepted into ESS will meet with a staff member to complete an Educational Development Plan (EDP). This is a meeting to set your goals for success and program participation. Students with exceptional participation may be considered for Grant Aid.