Beginning - Intermediate English (136 - 150) End of Semester Placement
The ELP has a three-part process to reach final placement of students at the end of the semester:
Step 1: Pre-placement
- Students are initially placed on EPT scores and Achievement Test Scores.
- The pre-placement list is then given to the teachers for their consideration.
Step 2: Instructor Request for Placement Changes
- Instructors who feel that a student has been misplaced submit a request change form along with evidence of the student’s work. The Appeals Committee reviews requests and evidence and makes changes if they are justified.
- Results are printed and given to students.
Step 3: Student Appeals of Placement
- Students may fill out an appeal form and submit it with any additional information or evidence by a set deadline.
- The Appeals Committee reviews the appeals and makes changes if justified.