What can the ELP advisors do for you?
The ELP advisors are here to assist you when you are encountering an academic or personal problem. Currently, the ELP advisors are Leena Chakrabarti, Laura Phillips-Zee, Ellen Conroy, Brandy Caulfield, and Raymond Timson. To make an appointment with one of them, please stop by 205 Fairchild and make an appointment with the ELP secretary.
Brandy's email is email@example.com
Raymond's email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Your talk with the advisor is private. Information you share with your advisor will not be shared publicly.
Here are ways the advisors can help you:
- Explain and answer questions about cultural differences. Discuss problems you are having adjusting to living in a new country.
- Explain and answer questions about ELP policy on level placement, test scores, class attendance, etc.
- Answer questions about your ELP scores.
- Discuss your study skills. Give you specific suggestions to help you improve your study skills.
- Talk to you about personal problems (illness, finances, roommate problems, stress).
- Answer general questions about visa status and KSU course work.
The advisor will not make decisions for you, but they are very happy to assist you while you try to find an answer. If you have a problem, they cannot help you with, they can refer you to other campus offices that can.
If you have a question or concern about class, please talk to your teacher first. If you have questions and concerns about anything else in the ELP, you can always make an appointment with an ELP advisor by going to the ELP office in Fairchild 205. If you have a concern about a teacher, and you have already discussed it with the teacher, please contact Assistant Director Leena Chakrabarti at email@example.com or make an appointment with her in the ELP office.
We are glad you are here. We will be happy to help you in every way we can.