We hope that your time in the ELP is good. If you have a problem, we want to help you. We will listen to you carefully and fairly. We value your opinion.
If you are unhappy with something at the ELP or if you have a complaint, please follow the steps below:
- If you have a question or concern about class, please talk to your teacher first. It is best to come during your teacher’s office hours or set up an appointment at a time that is good for both of you. Many teachers do not have time right after class because they have to teach another class.
- If you have questions and concerns about anything else in the ELP, you can always make an appointment with an ELP advisor by going to the ELP office in Fairchild 205.
- If talking to your teacher, an advisor, or the office staff, did not solve the problem, you can print off and complete the Formal Complaint form ELP COMPLAINT FORM (PDF) and take it to the ELP office. The person at the desk will take it to the Assistant Director, who will investigate the situation and contact you.
- After you submit the Formal Complaint Form, please wait for one or two days. We will contact you as soon as possible, but sometimes we need to talk to several people. Be patient! We will help you.
- If none of the above steps solves your problem, you should make an appointment to see the Associate or Assistant Provost for International Programs (Fairchild 304) who will consider your complaint.
- If none of the above steps solves your problem, you should contact The Office of Student Life (at Holton Hall).
Other offices that might be able to help are: