1. K-State home
  2. »ELP
  3. »Admission

English Language Program

Admission to the English Language Program

The English Language Program can accept anyone who is a non-native speaker of English and is at least 17 years old. Students are expected to be able to read and write in their own language and know the Roman alphabet. True beginners may be required to follow an alternate course of study.

Admission to the English Language Program does not mean that a student is admitted to an academic program as an undergraduate or a graduate student. The Office of International Admissions can offer undergraduate conditional admission to qualified students who apply to the English Language Program.

We have an on-line application that you can submit right over the internet. You can fax all other necessary documents to the Office of International Admissions or send them by mail to the following fax number or address:

Fax number: 785-532-4311

Office of International Admissions

207 Fairchild Hall

Kansas State University

Manhattan, KS 66506


The priority deadline for the Fall 2017 semester is May 1, 2017.

The priority deadline for the Spring 2017 semester is October 1, 2016.

The priority deadline for the Summer 2017 semester is March 1, 2017.

The priority deadline is for students applying to the English Language Program only (not a Kansas State University degree program).

Online Application

Complete and submit this application to the English Language Program online.

Application Instructions

Read the directions carefully.  Providing complete and correct information makes your application process proceed faster.

Affidavit of Support

All students must fill out the Affidavit of Support or verify their financial support.


Semester costs for tuition, fees, housing, books, and health insurance, plus the academic year calendar.

Getting Your Visa

As soon as you receive an I-20 Form (certificate of eligibility) from Kansas State University, request a visa from the  U.S. consulate or embassy in your country.

Changing Your I-20 To A New Semester

If you must postpone the start of your studies to a new semester, please contact the office of International Admissions and Recruiting.