The mission of the English Language Program is to serve non-native speakers of English and the university by:
- offering a full range of intensive English classes,
- assessing language proficiency,
- developing special programs for short-term and exchange groups,
- orienting students to American culture and the academic environment,
- providing academic and personal advising, and
- facilitating students' transition to degree programs through support courses
in the belief that the university community as well as the language learners will be enriched through their participation at Kansas State University.