Electronics Design Laboratory
What is EDL?
EDL was created to support research and development programs within the Kansas Regents University System.
EDL provides researchers with access to advanced electronics, assists with integrating electronics technology into research programs, and aids in electronics technology transfer to users by providing ongoing technical support. EDL works in cooperation with many diverse academic departments for a symbiotic approach to problem solving.
- Give the faculty easier access to state of the art electronics technologies
- Assist with integrating new electronic technologies into research programs
- Transfer those technologies to the users when economical
- Provide cradle-to-grave support for ongoing research or transitioning to commercialization
EDL is an in-house design service for KSU researchers. The staff has both industry and research experience with analog, instrumentation, and digital design, as well as software development, system engineering, system construction, and project management. This experience enables researchers to focus on their research, not on becoming electronics experts!
EDL Provides Expertise In
- Electronic and instrument design
- Low-noise, high-performance analog systems
- Digital signal processing
- Programmable logic device (PLD) and embedded system design
- Analog and digital system modeling and analysis
- Computer aided design and simulation
- In-house multi-layer printed circuit board (PCB) design and fabrication
- Electronics prototyping, circuit debugging, and testing
- System packaging and miniaturization
- Chip-on-board packaging and wirebonding
- Complex system testing using arbitrary waveform generation
- Network, spectrum and impedance analysis up to 1.8GHz
Advantages of Using EDL
EDL presents a number of immediate benefits to researchers, from providing consulting to developing full-custom electronic systems. Grant proposals can look more attractive to reviewers because the electronic infrastructures exist at K-State to support research areas and applications which are dependent upon electronics technologies. Stop by and discuss your needs!