Earthworm Distribution Maps
Earthworms collected by students and teachers and returned to K-State with collection data will be posted in interactive maps. Choose from the following maps:
- Participating schools (Using Google Maps V3)
- Earthworm records published before 2010.
- Earthworms collected through Earthworms Across Kansas.
- The collection events map will list each vial that we receive. Click on any point to see what was collected at that place and time: which earthworm species, how many of each species, and the life stage of each earthworm. (Using Google Maps V3)
- You will also be able to explore Kansas earthworms by species on the species distribution map. Here, click on the checkboxes to show or hide maps of each earthworm species found collected by the Earthworms Across Kansas participants. You can also click on each point to see information about that collection. Compare these maps with the historic data for native and non-native earthworm species.