The Disability Support Services (DSS) / aTa Shuttle Service is provided as a courtesy by the University for eligible students with either a temporary
injury or a permanent disability, to assist them in getting to their classes. To determine
eligibility, students should contact DSS.
- Call aTa at 785.537.6345; speak with Carlos; Have your class schedule available.
- Let Carlos know you were referred by Disability Support Services (DSS).
Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m-5:00 p.m, when classes are in session.
- Call aTa during inclement weather to confirm pick-ups.
- Riders must wait outside or be visible to driver for 15 minutes before and 15 minutes after the scheduled pick-up time (unless you are going from class-to-class).
Pick-up Locations at K-State Buildings
- Use map provided by DSS; The map will notify you of the closest pick-up location to your building.
- Call aTa to cancel any scheduled ride. Add the number to your phone contacts. There is a $5.00 fee for a no-show.
Is there transportation for students who wish to go to places other than to class or home?
Area Transportation Agency: The aTa Shuttle Service also provides transportation for anyone in the Manhattan area for a fee.
Taxi Coupon Program: The City of Manhattan has a taxi coupon program available to provide safe, economical and dependable taxi service for people with disabilities and senior citizens with low incomes.