Certificate program in well-made leadership
The purpose of Project IMPACT leadership programs is to decrease the risk factors and increase protective factors for 800 multicultural students living in the eight highest risk/lowest protective counties in the state of Kansas: Seward, Finney, Ford, Wyandotte, Shawnee, Sedgwick, Geary and Saline.
Project IMPACT leadership programs first create and train a network of school and community group personnel who work with multicultural youth in the target counties. These network point people identify the participants for the program through school, community, family and personal referrals.
The program runs 12 months and has the following components:
- Participation in an eight-session leadership development program called "The Well-Made Leader"
- Attendance at a statewide leadership conference
- Enrollment in the online learning resources of Khan Academy to boost academic performance
- Attendance at a day-long college immersion experience, called the Project IMPACT College for a Day Institute
- Participation in community service and urban gardening projects