Multicultural Academic Program Success Bridge Program
Will you be a freshman multicultural student at K-State in Fall 2013?
Are you majoring in agriculture, business, or engineering and looking for a way to get ahead?
Check out MAPS: the Project IMPACT Summer Bridge Program!
MAPS benefits include:
- Up to six (6) college credits of Chemistry or Math, Kinesiology, University Experience, and participation in a college labs
- An integrated biofuels project. Students will explore the importance of agriculture, engineering, and business in biofuels production through lab work, independent research, industry tours showcasing biofuel production across Kansas, and a group poster presentation.
- Free room and board in Moore Hall on K-State’s campus.
- A stipend for each student participating in the program.
- Industry tours across the midwest. During Summer 2012 we visited Cargill facilities in Nebraska and Kansas.
- Weekend activities around Manhattan
- Professional, cultural, scholarship, and academic opportunities not available to other students – come spend your summer with us!
MAPS Summer 2013 Program Dates will be Friday, June 14, 2013 to Friday, July 26, 2013.
- Applied to Kansas State University and plan to enroll in Fall 2013
- Plan to major in agriculture, engineering, or business (see the list of majors HERE).
- Identify as African American, Asian, Latino, Native American, or Multiracial.
If you have questions about MAPS, please feel free to contact:
Brandon L. Clark
MAPS Program Coordinator
Kansas State Student Union
Manhattan, KS 66506-0100